TANGLEWOOD VILLAGE APARTMENTS RENTAL APPLICATION
Before You Start
Each co-applicant and each occupant 18 years old and over must submit a separate application.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide detailed information about yourself and any qualifying occupant.
Your application will not be considered completed and will not be processed until all documentation and fees are received. Completing this application does not guarantee that your application will be accepted or approved.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following Application Agreement will be signed by you and all co-applicants prior to signing a Lease Contract. While some of the information below may not yet apply to your situation, there are some provisions that may become applicable prior to signing a Lease Contract. In order to continue with this application, you'll need to review the Application Agreement carefully and acknowledge that you accept its terms.
- Lease Contract Information. The Lease Contract contemplated by the parties will be the current Lease Contract. Special information and conditions must be explicitly noted on the Lease Contract.
- Approval When Lease Contract is Signed in Advance. If you and all co-applicants have already signed the Lease Contract when we approve the Application, our representative will notify you (or one of you if there are co-applicants) of our approval, sign the Lease Contract, and then credit the application deposit of all applicants toward the required security deposit.
- Approval When Lease Contract Isn't Yet Signed. If you and all co-applicants have not signed the Lease Contract when we approve the Application, our representative will notify you (or one of you if there are co-applicants) of the approval, sign the Lease Contract when you and all co-applicants have signed, and then credit the application deposit of all applicants toward the required security deposit.
- If you Fail to Sign Lease Contract After Approval. Unless we authorize otherwise in writing, you and all co-applicants must sign the Lease Contract within 3 days after we give you our approval in person or by telephone or within 5 days after we mail you our approval. If you or any co-applicant fails to sign as required, we may keep the application deposit as liquidated damages, and terminate all further obligations under this Agreement.
- If You Withdraw Before Approval. If you or any co-applicant withdraws an Application or notifies us that you've changed your mind about renting the apartment unit, we'll be entitled to retain all application deposits as liquidated damages, and the parties will then have no further obligation to each other.
- Approval/Non-Approval. We will notify you whether you've been approved within 10 days after the date we receive a completed Application. Your Application will be considered "disapproved" if we fail to notify you of your approval within 10 days after we have received a completed Application. Notification may be in person or by mail or telephone unless you have requested that notification be by mail. You must not assume approval until you receive actual notice of approval. The 10-day time period may be changed only by separate written agreement.
- Refund after Non-Approval. If you or any co-applicant is disapproved or deemed disapproved under Paragraph 6, we'll refund all application deposits within 30 days of such disapproval. Refund checks may be made payable to all co-applicants and mailed to one applicant.
- Extension of Deadlines. If the deadline for signing, approving, or refunding under paragraphs 4, 6, or 7 falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or a state or federal holiday, the deadline will be extended to the end of the next business day.
- Keys or Access Devices. We'll furnish keys and/or access devices only after: (1) all parties have signed the Lease Contract and other rental documents; and (2) all applicable rents and security deposits have been paid in full.
- Application Submission. Submission of a rental application does not guarantee approval or acceptance. It does not bind us to accept the applicant or to sign a Lease Contract.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Application Fee (Non-Refundable). You agree to pay our representative the non-refundable application fee in the amount indicated in paragraph 3. Payment of the application fee does not guarantee that your application will be accepted. The application fee partially defrays the cost of administrative paperwork. It is non-refundable.
- Application Deposit (may or may not be refundable). In addition to any application fee(s), you agree to pay to our representative an application deposit in the amount indicated in paragraph 3. The application deposit is not a security deposit. The application deposit will be credited toward the required security deposit when the Lease Contract has been signed by all parties; OR, it will be refunded under paragraph 7 of the Application Agreement if your application is not approved; OR, it will be retained by us as liquidated damages if you fail to sign or attempt to withdraw under paragraphs 4 or 5 of the Application Agreement.
- Fees Due. Your Rental Application will not be processed until we receive your completed Rental Application (and the completed Rental Application of all co-applicants, if applicable) and the following fees:
- Application fee (non-refundable):$35
- Application deposit (may or may not be refundable):$400
- Completed Application. Your Rental Application for Residents and Occupants will not be considered "completed" and will not be processed until we receive the following documentation and fees:
- Your completed Rental Application;
- Completed Rental Applications for each co-applicant (if applicable);
- Application fees for all applicants;
- Application deposit for the Unit.
- Notice to or from Co-Applicants. Any notice we give you or your co-applicant is considered notice to all co-applicants; and any notice from you or your co-applicant is considered notice from all co-applicants.
- Applicant shall pay to us the NSF Charge; and
- We reserve the right to refer the matter for criminal prosecution.
AUTHORIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I authorize Alta Tanglewood, LLC (name of owner/agent) to obtain reports from any consumer or criminal record reporting agencies before, during, and after tenancy on matters relating to a lease by the above owner to me and to verify, by all available means, the information in this application, including criminal background information, income history and other information reported by employer(s) to any state employment security agency. Work history information may be used only for this Rental Application. Authority to obtain work history information expires 365 days from the date of this Application.
I authorize Alta Tanglewood, LLC (name of owner/agent) to collect payment of the application fee and application deposit in the amounts specified under paragraph 3 of the Disclosures
Non-Sufficient Funds and Dishonored Payments
If a check from an applicant is returned to us by a bank or other entity for any reason, if any credit card or debit card payment from applicant to us is rejected, or if we are unable, through no fault of our own or our bank, to successfully process any ACH debit, credit card, or debit card transaction, then:
You declare that all your statements in this Application are true and complete. You authorize us to verify the same through any means. If you fail to answer any question(s) or give false information, we may reject the application, retain all application fees and deposits as liquidated damages for our time and expense, and terminate your right of occupancy. Giving false information is a serious Civil offense which will result in rejection of your application or termination of your lease upon discovery. Under certain circumstances, providing false information may constitute a criminal offense. In lawsuits relating to the application or Lease Contract, the prevailing party may recover all attorney's fees and litigation costs from the losing party. We may at any time furnish information to consumer reporting agencies and other rental housing owners regarding your performance of your legal obligations, including both favorable and unfavorable information about your compliance with the Lease Contract, the rules, and financial obligations.
PROPERTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Read the following carefully before proceeding. You will also receive an emailed copy of these Property Terms & Conditions once the application is submitted. Please save a copy for your records.
ITEMS NEEDED TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION After submitting your application,
Please email the following documents to:
or deliver to:
919 S. Roop Street
Carson City, NV 89701
(1 month of pay stubs, Employment Offer Letter, etc.)
please click the "PAY LATER" button to be directed to our payment site.
Once you have completed your application, a leasing agent will contact you shortly.
After submitting your application,
Please Continue Reading Below For Rental Criteria Information.
TANGLEWOOD VILLAGE APARTMENTS RENTAL POLICY
Revised: July 2018
Welcome to Tanglewood Village Apartments. It is the policy of this community to comply with all applicable fair housing laws as outlined in the Federal Fair Housing Act including those which prohibit discrimination against any person based on race, sex, religion, color, familial status, national origin or handicap. Additionally, we provide housing in accordance with all other state or local laws if those laws provide greater protection than the Federal Fair Housing Act.
Before you apply to rent an apartment home, please take the time to review this rental policy document. All persons 18 years of age or older, or legally emancipated minors, will be required to complete separate rental applications. All applicants must present valid government issued identification, as well as proof of employment eligibility in the United States. A fee of $35 per applicant will be due prior to processing any application. In addition to qualifying under the terms Stated in this Statement of Rental Policy, applicants who are citizens of countries other than the United States WHO NOT HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ARE TO BE PROCESSED MANUALLY and must meet additional criteria, please contact us for details.
Please note that these are our current rental criteria; nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation by us that all residents and occupants currently residing in the community have met these requirements. There may be residents and occupants that have resided in the community prior to these requirements going into effect; additionally, our ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to the information we receive from the various resident credit reporting services used.
Occupancy Guidelines - The following occupancy standards apply. Generally, no more than two persons per bedroom may occupy a unit in our community. Provided, however, a family may occupy a unit if the family does not exceed two persons per bedroom, plus a child who is less than six months old. If the number of people applying for a single apartment exceeds the property's guidelines, the application will be rejected for that particular size of apartment. If a resident, who has a newborn less than six months old at the time of rental application or lease renewal, moves into an apartment that, once the newborn reaches the age of six months, violates the occupancy guidelines at the expiration of the lease term, the resident will be required to either (1) move into another available apartment which has more bedrooms leased at the current market rent; or (2) move out. Rent for the larger apartment will be the current market rent for that particular apartment. For the purposes of this occupany policy, a "family" shall consist of the following persons: one or more individuals (who have not attained the age of 18 years) being domiciled with: (1) a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals; or (2) the designee of such parent or other person having such custody, wihth the written permission of Such parent or other person. The term "family" shall also apply to any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any indvidual who has not attained the age of 18 years. Our policy is to conform to local, state and federal requirements to the extent that they require different standards than stated here.
Age - Applicants must be 18 years of age or older unless deemed to be an adult under applicable law with respect to the execution of contracts.
Credit - A credit report will be completed on all applicants to verify account credit ratings. Income plus verified credit history will be used to determine rental eligibility. Unfavorable accounts which will negatively influence your application include, but are not limited to: collections, charge-off, reposession, and current or recent delinquency.
Income - Gross income for all applicants in one apartment home will be combined and entered into the credit scoring model for income eligibility. All applicants will be asked to produce consecutive and most recent pay stubs for the last 4 weeks from Application Date. Applicants must have a minimum combined gross income of three times the monthly rent. Additional sources of verifiable income will also be considered. These sources may include: child support, grants, pensions, GI benefits, disability, trust funds, social security and savings accounts. Some credit scoring results will necessitate further income verification. In such instances, verification with employer will be completed or applicant may be asked to produce additional financial statements/records.
Employment - If employment is to begin work shortly, the applicant must provide a "letter of intent" to hire from the employer.
Self-Employment, Retired or Unemployed - Such applicants must provide the previous year's income tax return and the previous two month's bank statements, or twelve months of financial statements and must exhibit no negative references.
Criminal History - A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant age 18 years or more. The application will be denied for any of the following reported criminal related reasons that have occured within the ten (10) years prior to the application date: •Felony conviction • Any terrorist related conviction •Any illegal drug related conviction • Any prostitution related conviction • Any sex related conviction • Any cruelty to animals related conviction • Misdemeanor conviction involving crime against persons or property • Any of the above related charges resulting in "Adjudication Withheld" and/or "Deferred Adjudication" • Active status on probation or parole resulting from any of the above Guarantors/co-signers cannot be a substitute for this requirement. Please remember that this requirement does not constitute a guarantee or representation that residents or occupants currently residing in our community have not been convicted of or subject to deferred adjudication for a felony, certain misdemeanors or sex offenses requiring registration Under applicable law; there may be residents or occupants that have resided in the community prior to this requirement going into effect; additionally, our ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available to us by the resident credit reporting services used.
Rental History - Some credit scoring results will necessitate an evaluation of verifiable rental or mortgage payment history for the last 24 months. In these instances, applicant must have a minimum of 6 months cumulative verifiable rental or mortgage payment history within the last 24 months. In such instances, if a previous landlord cannot be contacted, 6 consecutive months of proof of payment must be verified and a copy of the lease contract must be provided. Applicants not having verifiable rental or mortgage history will have to pay an additional deposit equal to one month's rent. When applications also depend on the results of a rental history investigation for an approval/denial determination, applications for residency will automatically be denied for the following reasons: i. An outstanding debt to a previous landlord or an outstanding NSF check must be paid in full ii. A breach of a prior lease or a prior eviction of any applicant or occupant iii. More than 4 late pays and/or 2 NSFs within the last 24 months
Guarantors - Guarantors will be accepted for applicants who are first-time renters or students. For guarantor-supported applications, an additional application deposit will be required for the guarantor. The deposit level will be based on the credit analysis. The guarantor will also be required to complete an application and pay a full application fee. Guarantors must have a gross monthly income of four times the monthly rent and meet all other qualifying criteria identified in this screening policy. The guarantor will be required to sign a Lease Guaranty Agreement and the lease to support this application. Only a relative or employer will be considered guarantors. Guarantors/co-signers must meet all of the above qualifications. The guarantor must present valid government issued identification and physically sign the lease and guarantee agreement either in the Tanglewood Village Apartments management office or in front of a notary.
Pets - An increased security deposit, pet addendum to the rental agreement and prior written approval from management will be required. Only Dogs, Cats and Fish are considered as acceptable types of pets at Tanglewood Village Apartments. There will be no more than two animals, (i.e. Cats and Dogs) each weighing 45 pounds or less full-grown, per apartment. Animals must be no less than one (1) year of age and be housebroken. Aggressive breeds will not be allowed. These include, but are not limited to: Wild or feral cats, Put Bulls, (Bull Terriers or America Staffordshire Terriers), Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Chows, Presa Canarios, Akitas, Wolf Hybrids, and Huskies, of full blood or mixed at any percentage. Exotic animals such as reptiles, birds or rodents, and poisonous animals such as tarantulas, insects and poisonuous fish are not allowed. Aquariums will be allowed with a 25-gallon maximum. Tenant must provide proof of fully paid renter's insurance for the entire term of the lease naming Owner and Manager as additionally insured. Please ask for a current copy of pet rules and pet addendum to lease agreement prior to making application. Exceptions to this policy would be service animals trained to assist a Tenant, with verified medical documentation, and active duty canine policy/military officers.
Vehicles - All vehicles must be operational, insured and have current registratino. Boats, RV's or trailers are not allowed at any time. Parking space if limited in our community. Each household is permitted two (2) assigned parking spaces.
Water Furniture - Water furniture will not be allowed on any floor apartments.
Satellite Dish - We allow the installation of one satellite dish per apartment in accordance with FCC and local access laws. There is a $100 deposit due at the time of installation. Not all of our apartments are suitable to satellite reception and we cannot guarantee that satisfactory transmission will be received. There are limitations on how and where a satellite dish can be installed, and the appropriate addendum must be signed. Liability Insurance (minimum coverage amout of $100,000) is required and a copy of the insurance must be presented prior to installation.
Deposit Levels - The results of the credit score will determine the amount of Application Deposit. Higher deposits may be required if a pet is approved.
Falsification of Application - Any falsification in Applicant's paperwork will result in the Automatic rejection of Application. In the event that an Applicant falsifies his/her paperwork, owner has the right to hold all deposits and fees paid to apply towards liquidated damages. Application will not be considered until the Application has been fully executed and returned, and all applicable Application Deposits and fees have been paid. Management reserves the right to modify, add or delete any or all of the above guidelines and qualifications at its discretion.
Exactly as it appears on Driver's License or Government ID card.
Have you ever changed your name or used any other names in the past?
(i.e., maiden name, married name, aliases, etc.)
The following is only applicable if at current employer for less than 6 months.
Income must be verified to be considered.
Click Next if you have no additional income to add
ADDITIONAL INCOME 1
ADDITIONAL INCOME 2
Where you live now.
List co-applicants who will sign the lease.
List all persons under 18 and other adults who will occupy the unit without signing the lease. Each occupant 18 years or over must submit a separate application.
If you have no occupants to add, click next.
List all vehicles owned or operated by you or any occupants (including cars, trucks, motorcycles, trailers, etc.)
Fill out the information below to add your first vehicle, or click next if you're not planning on parking a vehicle on property.
You may not have any animal in your unit without management's prior authorization in writing. If we allow your requested animal, you must sign a separate animal addendum, which may require additional deposits, rents, fees or other charges.
Fill out the information below to add your first pet, or click next to continue without adding a pet.
Emergency contact person over 18 who will not be living with you.
RENTAL APPLIACTION ESIGNATURE
Let's set up your Digital Signature
Treat your digital signature like you would signing a physical document. Signing the document will legally bind you to the terms and agreements provided by Alta Tanglewood, LLC.
Type your full, legal name as it appears on your driver's license or government ID in the box below.
Enter today's date. This will be the date that your document is considered signed.